BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Stopped and got gas today. Things have changed, my friends.

This has bothered me for quite some time, but today was the last straw; I have to speak out.
When I was a kid, my mom would let me go in and pre-pay before I pumped the gas. So I would go pay, come back out and pump the gas. It was nice. It was pleasant. I didn’t even have to worry about stopping right on the correct amount.
I would stand and watch the numbers click higher and higher until the pump would begin slowing somewhere around $.85

However, a few years ago, I noticed that all of the pumps would come to a screeching halt around $.70. This bugged me. I don’t know why but it did.
Over the years, I have watched the slow-down time on gas pumps dwindle. And today, I saw it all.

$.20.

Twenty stinking cents! I spend more time waiting on the remaining $.80 that I did for the whole tank! I understand that gas is, like, a hundred buck a gallon now, but come on! You mean to tell me that a machine that accepts 21 different types of plastic cards with pre-programmed magnetic strips and that can be programmed to stop on the exact amount I’ve paid has to be gradually slowed down?

What the heck is this thing, a go-cart? My modern-day gas pump has to be downshifted?

1 comments:

Robert Conn said...

the funny thing is... that you think you are actually getting that remaining $.80 cents. take a look my friend next time... they're ripping you off man. Go ahead take a peak... I dare you.