BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Marketing Todd

I videotaped myself leading worship this morning. Firewheel wants to see "what I do," and I guess this morning was as good as any other. We were short a few musicians, but by moving folks around I was able to get a decent band feel. It's strange because I realize I'm sending this thing so that will like me/want me. And the whole idea of going up there to lead worship so they can see me is just weird. If the worship of God is about the worship of God, how do I lead a service where the undertone is decidedly "will Todd impress us?"

We did a new song of mine today, "He Lives." I like it, but I don't think anybody else does. My worship stuff just hasn't been connecting lately. I know I'm supposed to be writing. I just wish I could write better. I pretty much told Forrest that I was through w/ the Nashville writing thing. I think I've got some good ideas, but co-writing is hard enough without a 12 hour drive between you and your partner. I told him I'd help him if he needed anything. He was gracious, but I think he knows this isn't working out either. It's a bit sad, but I really don't have time be writing/recording/rewriting/rerecording/pitching folky singer-songwriter material. Forrest says I have too many "and"s in my songs. And I think he's right.

Hey, if you read this thing, shoot me a comment. Sadly, it really would brighten my day.

0 comments: