BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 04, 2005

3/4/05 11:55pm

A church from Garland called me today looking for a worship guy. Strangely enough, I knew the guy who called. He had been a youth pastor in Lufkin years ago, and remembered me. They found my resume at www.churchstaffing.com. It seems like a pretty good church. Very progressive. Good healhty numbers, good vision, it seems.
They have a praise choir and a horn section, so I'm not real sure how to deal with that. The guy sent me a long list of questions that they say will help them get to know me better.

I'm not nuts about moving. But this is a church 3 hours away (not too far/still in Texas,) wants to be progressive, with pretty good money. I kinda' feel like its a shot worth taking. Of course, the fear is there....

What if they rude? What if I move too fast? What if I alienate folks? What if I get there and the church has seriously misrepresented itself and I'm stuck in a place? I don't my resume to read, "March 2005 to March 31, 2005" - Firewheel Church, Garland, Texas. I guess resumes aren't everything. I had really hoped to stay at First Methodist for two years (the resume thing again,) but Keith (my contact at Firewheel) says they are pursuing a worship position "aggressively."

I'm scared.

0 comments: