BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Tell us a bit about yourself . . .

Lent is kicking my butt. I decided to go off sugar. Actually, I'm off of candy, brownies, soft drinks - pretty much any junk food with sugar in it.
My friend Clay who's the youth pastor couldn't believe it. This Baptist boy going off the deep end and doing Lent? He seems to think it trivializes the Cross, whereas I know it maximizes it for me. I'm in the middle of the day thinking,
"Man, I haven't had a Dr. Pepper in 8 days. This is hard!"

Then the Spirit tells me that it's not hard. Being tortured for hours, publicly murdered and denied by your Father is hard. Kinda' puts the Little Debbie brownie into perspective.

I'm realizing how dependent I am on a substance to bring me happiness. (For me, it's sugar. You can input your own preferred substance of abuse.) I feel better, I'm eating a little bit better, and I'm making myself looking for other things to bring me joy - like wrestling with Jonah when I come home from work.

0 comments: