BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

THREE


Little girl...

You turn three today and I want to tell you some of the things I love about you.
Of course, I love you because you're mine. That's obvious...and the reality is that it's the biggest reason I love you. The fact that God gifted you to Mommy and me still amazes me.

But I think there are some other things...some "three-year-old girl" things...that make me love you.

_____
  • I love it when you come out of your room decked out in a pajama shirt, swim trunks, with a scarf around your neck and a tiara on your head. You change clothes about 12 times a day...all on your own. It's quite a pain really, but about as cute as anything. I guess "cute" beats "convenience."

  • I love how much you love your Mommy. I love that you look like her and want her when you're sad. You don't even know it yet, but God has given you an amazing Mom. You'll see.

  • I love that you get along with your brother. I love that you guys take up for each other and that you cry for him when he's at school. I love that you want to be like him...I love that you love him so much.

  • I love to see you come down the hall each morning after waking up. Your hair is always ridiculously tall and those blue eyes are sparkling. Each morning, when you see us, you throw your arms up and break into a run. I love mornings with you, Finley.

  • I love that you love donuts. 'Cause that proves you're a Wright.

  • I love it that you're trying to talk like a big girl. Even though you say every woman you meet is named "Leslie" and you pronounce your S-sounds as Fs. You're not a big girl yet and I love that you're still little...but to see you trying so hard to adjust to the world around you inspires me and makes me grateful for every day with you.

  • I love the way you watch "The Polar Express." It comes alive in your face and I'm reminded that you're able to see magic in places where I don't.

  • I love your laugh. That loud, giggling, belly-laugh of yours is enough to get me through the toughest of days. I want to hear that laugh for the rest of my life.
Someday, Finley, maybe you'll look back and read this.
And it might mean something...or it might not.
But that won't matter. Because I'm decided. My life and my words and my actions will speak all of this love (and more) to you every day. You won't need memoirs or journals to know what your Daddy thinks of you, girl.
In fact, you'll be filled up with the knowledge of how much you mean to Daddy and you'll carry that love no matter where you go.

Happy Birthday, Baby Girl.
Daddy loves you.

1 comments:

carol said...

butchieboyThat is sooo sweet. I'd read it again but I'm so teary-eyed that I can't see the words anymore. You're a good daddy.