BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

GIG RECAP - NO CONFESSIONAL TODAY







Played last night at FBC Lufkin for Revolve, the Wednesday service for old pal Clayton. Wow, was it fun!

First of all - props to Romack, Jinx and guest bassist Doug Hedstrom. They did an amazing job with the set. I was especially pleased with all of the tonal goodness that Mr. Jinkins brought to the party. I also want to say that Blake, although sick, really made the difference with his sound expertise. I hate showing up to places without a sound person, so I threw a few bucks at Blake and had him mix us. It sounded terrific. Blake had to leave right after we finished playing. I believe it had something to do with vomit.

Second of all - the set was a blast. This has been a very busy and crazy week at FUMC because we've been getting ready for our big DNOW (called "STORM Weekend here.) Last night's set was like a B-12 shot or something - the perfect pick-me-up and a nice little break from all my editing duties. It was work, sure, but it was FUN work.

Here's what we played:
1. Our God Saves (Balcohe) - Jinx dropped tune, nailed the lead, Romack and Doug held that groove down.
2. Because Of Your Love (Baloche) - I hear worship leaders that have mixed feelings on this one, but last night's version was the absolute grooviest, tight version I've ever played it.
3. Sing to The King (Foote) - This is a good song. Sure, it's been played a lot, but FBC ate it up.
4. O Praise Him (Crowder) - Moved this to the key of F to work with "Sing to the King," which pitched it down a good bit. Also straightened out the arrangement to a LESS-CROWDER-CRAZINESS-MORE-CONGREGATIONAL-FLOW style. It was good, we played it maybe a bit more mellow that most do, but it worked.
5. Glorify (Wright) - Band did good. Sometimes that song goes over like gangbusters. Sometimes it just sits there. Last night was somewhere in between.

I'll be in North Texas this weekend, but two of my bandmates are bringing Macs, so surely we can shoot, edit and post confessionals that are super-slick, cool, awesome, pretty and so much better than anything that can be done on a PC.

5 comments:

Johnny! said...

I'd like to hear the Crowder song in half time. I bet it would work well.

Todd Wright said...

Cook it up in Garage Band, man.

Rachel said...

I sure miss hearing the Todd Wright Band.

chrismaroon said...

And what are you picking up on Friday????????????

Todd Wright said...

Discos.