BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Let's Name This Thing...

Okay, now the CD is starting to sound like a real album with all the instruments and better vocals and post-production sweetness, I'm trying to decide what to call the record. I'd love to know your thoughts! Here are the names I've thought of.

1. Todd Wright - simple, yet so distinguished
2. Songs for Singing
3. Sings Songs (so the spine of the CD would read: "Todd Wright Sings Songs.")
4. Sixsteps Records Presents...

Of course, there's always the option of naming the record after one of the tunes. Here they are:
1. My Lips Will Sing
2. Like The Sun
3. Align
4. Part of Your Story
5. The Cross of Christ
6. Glorify
7. Let It Be
8. King of Mercy

9. Beautiful
10. I Am Glad
11. You Gave Sight
12. Search and Know
13. All The Freed

What do you think? Maybe you've got a suggestion of your own. (Please don't try to be funny - just give me your ideas, okay?!)

13 comments:

Jeff said...

I think "Part of Your Story" is perfect. It fits.

Michael James said...

i would simply go with Brandon Todd Wright.

It's cool.

rk said...

i like "don't try to be funny," as well as "don't mess with todd."

sorry. couldn't resist. i'm still drunk on the power from my super-genius hacking job last night. who else thought that was a yuk-yuk fest? anybody? anybody?

anyway, here's my serious answer.
I like these:

"Todd Wright"
"All the Freed"
"Align" (this is just such a cool, unusual word for a worship song, and it's a really great word-picture)

But to be honest, i've always been nervous about naming a cd after a song, because it seems like it puts a lot of pressure on that song to be/have/represent more than the other songs, musically or lyrically or whatever. maybe that's just me. i'm sort of neurotic about these things.

here's an idea that i've always liked: look thru your lyrics sheets and see if there's a line in any of your songs that jumps out at you. that's how i got a couple of my CD titles.

Todd Wright said...

I don't think anybody enjoyed near as much as we did, Ross.

Todd Wright said...

come on...let's hear some votes, gang!

Forrest said...

if you don't name it the original idea - (well the original idea i heard) - songs for singing, i don't want it!

Todd Wright said...

you ain't gotta buy it, then, Forrest

Clay said...

I cast my vote for "All the Freed"!

Todd Wright said...

Really leaning toward "All The Freed."

Johnny! said...

"Rubbin' the Freedom on It."

Robert Conn said...

All The Freed is good.
Part of Your Story is good.

Reasons: Because those two statements ring true for all Believers. I am Part of a bigger story and I am free. Yes those titles tend to draw attention to those songs but hey... those songs ROCK so I say draw attention to them.

But since I have to pick one... I say "Part of Your Story"

Amy said...

Part of Your Story

Campman62 said...

BTW [not-by-the-way],
~Seriously, all 'RK neurosis' aside...

*Part of Your Story* is THE one!

campman62.wordpress.com

inthelight-campman62.blogspot.com

Blessings my brother... ><> Phil 1:3 <><