BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 08, 2007

On Lufkin Churches...

There are lots of good churches in Lufkin - churches that have good priorities, care deeply for the lost, serve those who are poor and in need, etc. I ain't gonna' say they all have great music, 'cause, well, you Lufkinites know how it is. (This TWB country right here, yo.)

What I don't understand is that if all of these churches have such great priorities, why am I constantly surrouned with the spirit of religious competition. I am so tired of walking into some other church or meeting or lunch and being forced to listen to "jokes" about other churches.

Listen, I get it. Heck, I've done it. I've made jokes about the other guys, but lately, the Lord's been convicting me to shut up, pray for my church and serve my people. I'll be honest - I shouldn't care if Harmony Hill is running 8000 members or if Andy Pittman is, in fact, one Bad-A preacher. (He is, by the way.)

My job is to serve where I am. To care for my people and to bless my brothers and sisters out there in other fellowships giving everything they've got for the King.

So, help me out. If I'm hanging with you, don't let me turn into a church-jerk. It's something I'm struggling with and I need all the help I can get!

3 comments:

Forrest said...

Ross King...

rk said...

forrest, are you stalking me? i'm flattered, but it's weird is all.

Forrest said...

so you finally decide to show yourself - how typical -