BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 01, 2006

Shyla (another Maryland tale)

I didn't see Shyla until Sunday morning, and probably wouldn't have noticed her if not for Jason's crutches. Shyla was on crutches, too, but not the temporary kind like Jason's. I heard laughing with Jason and saying that we would have to work hard to keep up with her. I liked her immediately. Anyone who takes Jason Fullen to task is okay in my book.

Then, in the Sunday night service, Shyla stepped up to the microphone to offer her thanks to God. It went something like this:

"God, thank you for loving me and helping me to know that I'm beautiful even when I don't feel like it. Thank you for teaching me that I'll always be your princess."

We don't hear phrases like "I'm your princess" in worship very often. I'm sure a lot of people would say that's selfish - that it "isn't about us, it's about God's glory." But there is nothing more amazing or worshipful than seeing a 16 year-old girl realize that she is treasured completely regardless of physical appearance and to know that her Father, the King, is madly in love with her.

2 comments:

Robert Conn said...

Note to Lance & Jason...

You see what happens when you get sleep? God reveals great stuff to you. Me on the other hand, I'm still trying to figure out how I got back to Texas.

Todd Wright said...

You're right, x814beau. This room DOES make me want a college degree!