BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

what i took away...

While Maryland was pretty much amazing start to finish, there were a couple of things that I took away from the actual worship sets that moved me profoundly. Here's one.

Sean appeared to have some sort of mental disability, but didn't let that slow him down. Saturday night, he was on the front row, raising his arms in the attempt to imitate what the other kids around him were doing in worship. Toward the end of the set, I led a couple of soft choruses of "Part of Your Story" and in the quiet, I heard Sean. He couldn't keep up with the words of the chorus - I heard him sing in an-almost moan "sun...waves...you...story..."

And in the moment I heard him, God broke my heart. God showed me how prideful I can be in worship. How I can leave the stage kicking myself because my voice didn't sound good enough or my guitar was out of tune or the band missed a transition. Then I hear Sean simply grabbing occasional words and God says..."that's worship. That's it. That's what I'm looking for."

I want his heart. I want his passion for worship. I want to be like Sean.

3 comments:

Romack said...

Fantastic post man! I completely agree.

Susie Moore said...

wow very very cool

Robert Conn said...

Yeah that was pretty cool. He was a joy to have in my group all weekend. I love the way he just lived life with reckless abandon. I thought for a moment why that was and then it hit me... I'm sure no one has ever told him not to!