BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 17, 2005

It happens simple enough. Usually as I'm walking Jonah to Sunday School on Sunday morning, it hits me.

Maybe it's the sunlight or the smell of crayons or the sound of a young married couple laughing on their way to a Bible Study...maybe it's a parking lot full of cars or that little old lady who holds the door open for visitors.

It's not perfect. It's not ideal. It's no place that draws observers or consultants. No one writes a book about this place. Nobody grabs my arm and asks me how we do it.

It's church, and I love it.

Every once in awhile, I see this place for what is and what it can be. It's been said that "expectancy is the breeding ground for miracles." I don't know if its true, but for me, for here...

it feels like a miracle is in the works.

1 comments:

Robert Conn said...

Sometimes the things we rarely see are those things that we always look at but rarely view in focus.