BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 03, 2005

Weekending

I stayed up unbelievably late last night. I had worship practice until around 10, then ran to Sonic for a bite and came back to church to track bass and keyboards for The Cross of Christ. After that was said and done and the musicians gone, I lugged the Larivee up to the sound room to try to get a better acoustic track. I was messing with that when the phone rang. Krist. 12:30. I signed off with her and tried to knock out the acoustic part, but it didn't work - no low end.

Anyway, came home, tucked Krist in, and popped in a tape of CSI and hit the treadmill. Finished up somewhere around 1:30, so I drank a glass of water in the living room and watched the conclusion of "Total Recall."

That being said, I overslept this morning, grabbed a quick shower and arrived at the Clerk's office. Uneventful. Came home for lunch, went back to work. Work got busy when I had to work the criminal desk again.

Came home at 5 to absolutely no plans. We all lounged around saying "let's go do something," but nothing got done. Finally, I threw the family in the car and headed for Icee's. Halfway to Okay's, Kristen wondered if any snow cone stands might be open.

We drove down Timberland to Ben Stoke's stand. I ordered something called a "Big 'Un." It is quite possibly the largest snow cone I have ever seen in my life. We're talking 4 inches over the cup big! Jonah had his first snow cone. I think he was impressed.

1 comments:

Robert Conn said...

Isn't the snow cone an amazing thing? I mean just ice and flavoring but man...eating it is just like finding long lost money in your pocket.

Thank you God for snow cones.