BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Identity Theft Retreat Day 1

We got up around 7:00am. Jonah was all fired up to play Spider-Man, so I put his Spidey gloves on for him. Around 7:50, I called in “sick,” and started getting ready.

Got ready pretty quick, then helped Krist move Jonah’s car seat to my car. Not too fun – had to endure the better-half’s looks of disgust as she cleaned out the back seat. It was pretty bad back there.

Picked up Justin around 9:35 and we hit the road. Made great time. Stopped in Athens to fill up, then in Kaufman for buffet at Pizza Hut. Everybody in there seemed really surprised at Larry (Justin’s guide dog.) That dog rode the whole way in the back seat and never had any problems – very cool. One side story, the waitress from Pizza Hut brought us our ticket for around $13. I had already decided to buy Justin’s meal. We were wrapping up when the girl comes back w/ another ticket. She takes the original one and gives me a new one.

$5.40.

I’m assuming this was some sort of gesture for Justin and Larry. (Sure, make the guy who can see pay for his!) Actually, I think it was a kind gesture for all because I didn’t even get charged for a drink. I was very impressed by it. It’s nice to see kindness now and again.


We listened to a lot of music, mostly me skimming through new CD’s I’ve received recently. Passion, Gadsby Project, United Live. Hit Dallas about 45 minutes after lunch and shot to Denton. Got Robert on the phone as he was headed to meet us. I missed a turn, but other than that, we found it great.

Setup went okay. Pandiero needed some tweaking, but we got it to sound pretty good. Did a quick run-through, punched the song texts into Powerpoint, then changed shirts, washed my face and brushed my teeth.

First set went okay. Justin was a bit nervous about the pand kit, but the set still went over great. The kids were singing on songs I know they had never heard before. Mainly because I wrote them.


Took a small group break where Justin and I talked through the “concert” portion for 10pm. Punched in more song lyrics and got ready. We did a bunch of fun stuff. My song, “Lord of Live” seem to work with the kids.

All in all wrapped up shortly after 11. We followed Robert back into Lewisville (where our hotel is) and ate at IHOP. I think it was probably the first time any of us actually sat down and let our minds stop working. It was fun. Got to the hotel a little after 12. I ran through the channels to see what was on. Justin wanted to watch dirty movies, but I said no way. I am a worship leader for crying out loud.

Justin collapsed into bed and was asleep quickly due to a combination of a very long day and some very powerful cough medicine. I showered, updated the blog and got in bed around 1:45am. Which is right now.

0 comments: