BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 04, 2011

ANNIVERSARY TRIP, DAY 2

Despite being up at 4:30am, I did go back to sleep.

Woke up at 7, and then again at 9:20am. Kristen (or "Lazy Bones" for the purpose of this post) would have kept sleeping, but once I got up and moved around some, she woke up.

Here's another exciting bullet list of how our day went.

  • Went down to the hotel gym for a run. Good run. Until the timer ran out and the treadmill came to a screeching halt, almost throwing me from the device. Luckily, the other girl in the gym didn't see me. She was too busy bench pressing 260 lbs.

  • Krist and I stopped at a small Panera Bread for lunch. As we walked to our table, I see an Asian man working on a HUGE laptop. He's watching one of those crazy Japanese game shows. I can't be sure, but as we left, I could have sworn he was editing one of those shows.

  • After lunch, we went to the Grapevine Mills mall. We hadn't been there more than 10 minutes when we hear a train whistle. That's when we see a train full of kids. Driving down the center of the mall. Later in the day, I remarked that the train should make stops so that adults don't have to walk around as much. To which my wife said, "But doesn't that sound like something off of Wall-E?"

  • Grapevine Mills mall just built a Legoland Discovery Center and a SeaLife adventure museum right next to each other. It's like some executive thought, "What could we build that would drive Jonah Wright bonkers?"

  • Why do all food courts smell the same? And must every one of them be so humid?

  • When did we decide we were okay with headless mannequins?

  • Krist and I saw the new X-Men movie. Nothing funny to say here. Just that we saw a movie and we liked it.

  • We ate at Abuelo's Friday night and had every intention of a nice, long, relaxed dinner. We were seated, served and done in 35 minutes. Then, like the young, wild couple we are, we went back to the hotel and watch TV.

1 comments:

Liz said...

Sounds like y'all are having a good time! Enjoy your break from work, schooling, kids & everything else. Happy Anniversary, you two!