BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 09, 2011

Kristen Is Really Good At This Thing

See that woman right there?

When I met her, I fell in love almost immediately. Within a few weeks, I could already see that she was great. And while somewhere in my head I probably thought, "She would be a good mom!" I have to say that the reality of life together proves that I didn't have the slightest clue just how great she would be at raising a family.

So in honor of Mother's Day, below are listed some of the most amazing things she does and is for our kids.

KRISTEN IS FUN
I might good for the occasional trampoline wrestling match or a tickle fight, but Kristen is fun. She knows our kids so well and she knows exactly how they have fun. I can't tell you how many times I've heard the three of them down the hall just laughing. Not bouncing up and down or screaming or doing anything like that - just being together and loving it.

KRISTEN IS SMART
I can't tell you how many times one of the kids has been inconsolable - completely unaffected by my best consoling/scolding/encouragement. And then my wife shows up with the perfect phrase. She's lighthearted when the kids are down, serious when they need to focus and she seemingly always says the exact thing they need.

KRISTEN IS SENSITIVE
Kristen has the gift of empathy. Even in our most foolish times, our wife and mom has the ability to know exactly where we're coming from. She's able to immediately connect with our hurting in a way that's completely sincere.

KRISTEN IS RESOURCEFUL
It doesn't happen often, but when we forget a deadline or can't seem to pull our stuff together, Kristen goes full-on MacGyver. Whether it's a school project or a bill deadline or a schedule conflict, she can figure it out.

KRISTEN IS DEFINITELY COOL
When the pressure is on or somebody's bloody or a kid is freaking out, I'm the one who has a mental breakdown. I'm the pessimist, the doubter. Not my wife. She takes absolute charge and almost always figures out the mess with plenty of time to spare. When stuff goes down, Kristen rises to the challenges in ways that astound me.

This is the woman God created for me. I love her for many, many reasons. And being an funny, insightful, compassionate mom is way up on the list.

0 comments: