BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 18, 2011

RUN TODD RUN, Week 42

SATURDAY, 2/12/11
I normally don't run two days in a row, but since I ate the biggest cheeseburger known to man on Friday night (as well as a huge giant wonderful chocolatey dessert), I figured every little bit helps.

Went to the ROC again and didn't run the hilly part. In retrospect, I think I should have done the hills because I would have had that nice downhill speed! Dang it!

Did two miles just under twenty minutes. Was hoping for something closer to my my 18:30 Friday run, but it just wasn't happening. I've decided my best time for outdoor running is definitely morning before I've eaten anything. This Saturday run was a late afternoon workout so I was on a bit of a full stomach. This week, gonna' try the three miles outdoors. Up my game a little.

MONDAY, 2/14/11
Dude.
Dude.
Dude.

Three miles. I did three miles at the ROC on Monday afternoon and I felt like a gladiator when I was done! YES! DID IT! What's more is that I did it faster than I thought I would - 27 minutes. As I mentioned last time, I'm starting to appreciate the hills. Not only do they require me to amp up my speed, the downhill run helps a ton. Wasn't enjoying mile #3, but dang it I was glad when I finished.

WEDNESDAY, 2/16/11
Meh. Ran Southern Trail behind the gym, but did NOT get my three miles in. Well, technically I did.

I did two miles at 20 minutes, took a seven minute walk break and then ran another mile. Legs were screaming the whole time. Not sure what was up. Felt sore and exhausted most of the afternoon.

FRIDAY, 2/18/11
Went to the gym and ran on a treadmill I've never used before...which is why I ran for 10 minutes with the incline cranked up to about a thousand. I kept thinking, "Why am I sweating so much?" Ended up doing 2 miles and a lot of walking. Not great, but that makes four runs this week, so that's something!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Way to RUN Todd!

Caleb said...

Awesome week Todd. And 3mi in 27min is fanTAStic. Way to go!