BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 04, 2011

RUN TODD RUN, Week 40

SATURDAY, 1/29/11
Couldn't get to the gym, so I went on a trek around the neighborhood. I fired up a new podcast and did a 30 minute run, which was surprising. I haven't done a half-hour run here at home in a long tome and it surprised me! Definitely didn't want to run that last 5 minutes, but I pressed on.

MONDAY, 1/31/11
Another neighborhood run, but a late one. Finley got sick right around my normal run time, so I paused to take temperatures, put a call in to the doctor (thanks, Dale!) and talk Kristen down from speeding to the emergency room. Then it got real fun when I drove to Wal-Mart at 9pm to buy a $40 thermometer. (I haven't made a late-night drive for pediatric medical supplies since these kids were babies!) Got home, temp was okay, so I laced up the sneaks and went out to do work. Ran 31 minutes, which is pretty good for me. I was much slower and at 26 minutes in wanted just to stop and lay down in the street. Interesting that my "stopping point" is now about five minutes from whenever I stop. Hey...at least I'm pushing past it, right?

And that was it. No more running for the week. Four days of freezing temps and power outages made this my weakest week so far.

Snow sux.

0 comments: