BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Two Years Later...I'm Home

September 1 marked our two-year anniversary here in Tyler, Texas. It's been a great two years. We've met some really great people, forged strong, God-honoring friendships and learned a ton about life and relationships and church. This December marked our third Christmas since leaving Lufkin to serve at Bethel Bible.

Over the past three Christmases, we've experimented with different ways of getting home to see family, exchange gifts, catch up with friends, etc. Since moving, Christmas has become the center of our year - that time we look forward to the most.

Christmas 2010 was great. We got to see lots of family and it was a much needed time of rest.

But something was different.

After three Christmases, I realized that something new was happening inside of me.

I was missing Tyler.

I loved being in Lufkin. In fact, I think it was one of the best holidays at home we've had so far. It wasn't a I-have-to-get-out-of-Lufkin situation. It was that Lufkin seemed like the exception and Tyler now was our "default".

I'm not sure if two years is an average time to "settle in" or not; we're still learning our way around this new town and these new people, so it all feels very new still, but the sensation of this-is-not-home was a weird one.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Great post.

Unknown said...

Glad you guys are here.