BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 26, 2009

SUNDAY SETLIST, 10/25/09

Here's how our Sunday went:

GLORY TO GOD FOREVER
About ready to retire this one for awhile. Nothing's worse that killing a great song with overuse. Foolish mistake that you pay for in the long run. The team's got this one down. It went well. Some times this one works as a "Song 1." First songs are always odd at Bethel because folks are still pulling into the parking lot while we're rocking!

EVERYTHING TO GOD
I don't if there's a more fun song to play when a band got this one in its sites. Arlie did the intro with a cool slap bass and I literally thought Tim's B3 was going to catch on fire. We'll bring it back next week and maybe even stretch it out a little bit.

O HELP MY UNBELIEF
This was our second time to do this Indelible Grace song. We had requests for it, so we felt like it must have worked the first time around. This week was really pretty smooth. Feel like we grooved a bit better on it. It felt way more relaxed. Realizing that I LOVE having a mandolin in the mix! We also made a few changes that got us a bit closer to the CD version.

COME THOU FOUNT
We've done the Matthew Smith version of this tune for quite awhile. I love this version because it doesn't mess with the song. Other than a nice riff to break up the verses, this is a perfect hymn rendition. Let Ken take the vocal on this one. He did a great job.

LET YOUR KINGDOM COME
This is another tune I never thought would catch on. I figured it would work on more of a performance level, but wasn't sure of its singability. However, we had folks who really enjoyed the song so we brought it back. Ken sang verse and pre-chorus of this one while I took the choruses.

It was a good set, if a bit jumpy. I think I would have enjoyed a little more flow, but I think we built the best flow we could in a set this varied stylistically. The great thing is that we get to do it all again next week!

0 comments: