BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

(LIST)

This is a special “seminar” edition of my typical (LIST) post. By now, you know that I’m at the Gospel Coalition Conference in Chicago. I’ve been vlogging each day and making that available to folks at Bethel as well as those who follow this blog. But I’ve made a few observations that are a bit more random in nature.

  • Fresh, piping hot Giordano’s stuffed Chicago-style pizza? Delicious. Cold, next-day stuffed pizza in the hotel? Not so much.


  • So far at the conference, I’ve noticed three specific groups. These groups seem pretty easy to spot- Older, established pastors; young, hip pastors; unkempt, shaggy seminary students
.

  • There’s a higher “nerd” quotient here than I expected.


  • We’re staying in a pretty high-end hotel...lavish design, expensive restaurants, refined staff and $11 a day for internet. It’s the paying for internet that bothers me the most.


  • There are many more mohawks than I expected. Mohawk, not “faux hawk.” Real deal, baby...as in...really strange.


  • My favorite moment so far has to be seeing the disgust in Mark Kuykendall’s face after taking a bit of White Castle. Mark didn’t like White Castle.

5 comments:

wjcollier3 said...

mark didn't like white castle? how is that possible? i hope this doesn't cause strife in our friendship.

Johnny! said...

Sliders=disgust on a bun.

Susie Moore said...

I went to Giordanos when I was in Chicago for bootcamp. Best pizza ever.

p-melt said...

It's amazing how a hotel will charge a ridiculous daily amount for internet when the LaQuinta next door has it for free.

That seems backwards to me...

gregg said...

I am from the Chicago area. When I first took my wife up to Chicago, we had to take her to White Castles. She hated it.