BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

(LIST).....written very late at night

  • Since starting Immerse, my left foot is sore on Monday nights. This is my first "worship injury." For some reason, leading worship on Sunday and Monday somehow heaps abuse on my poor little foot, rendering him useless to me on Monday nights.

  • Last week was supposed to be my crazy week. So, why does this week feel just as out-of-control? Don't you hate it when that happens?

  • I really love our Monday pastoral staff meeting at Bethel...I always leave feeling supercharged and excited to take on big challenges.

  • I ate some "Ding Dongs" recently. Yes, I wanted to eat them, but as a secondary goal, I wanted to test out theory. You see, I believe that Ding Dongs have gone downhill since the manufacturer stopped wrapping them in foil. Who's with me?

  • I feel bad that I haven't done a Todd Vlog in a few days. I'm trying to be as consistent as I can...but I'm not doing very good right now.

  • Prerecorded Friends has to be one of the funniest podcasts I've heard in awhile. Genius. Genius, I tell you.

  • I'm still impressed by the power of Ross King's worship songwriting. It's so good...his songs resonate in a powerful way. Proud to play those songs for my people!

  • Finley is slowly recovering from her sickness, but Jonah started running fever. At the time of this writing, he's in our bed asleep next to Kristen. Guess that means that Dad is sleeping on the couch.

  • Dave Ramsey is a really smart guy. But also seem likes a bit of a jerk.

  • I made a great Michael Phelps joke the other day on Twitter. I'm sure I wasn't the first, but I was really proud of myself..."No wonder Phelps ate all that stuff during the Olympics. He just had the munchies." That's good stuff.

  • The only other joke I've ever written was about domestic violence. (I know.) When I was a kid, there was a commercial with a slow zoom on a wedding picture while a narrator said, "Every sixty seconds, a woman in America is beaten by her husband." My punchline was..."You know, after half-an-hour, you'd think she'd get tired of that."

  • I just remembered another joke I wrote that Clay Walker stole. (Watch - if he reads this, he won't remember that's its my joke and he'll throw a fit because he thinks its his.) Here's the joke: "You guys know Outback, right? The restaurant? 'No rules, just right.' I don't think so. Everything's fine until you try to eat a burger in your underwear, then they got ALL kinds of rules."

  • These jokes are really funny to me, but I also think I'm suffering from severe exhaustion and sleep deprivation. So, it could be that.

  • Go vote in my Celebrity Week series over on Facebook. You guys are great commenters...share it with the Facebook World.

  • Goodbye. Obama be with you.

2 comments:

chrismaroon said...

Can't really comment on the ding dongs since i've never really done a "food review" of them and generally eat them in one mouthful.

As for your left foot, when you are rocking some worship, that thing tends to get to moving in and out with the rhythm of the tune and smacking against either your right leg/foot or the floor. Probably aches on the inner part doesn't it?

I could now make a commercial recommendation of a medicine.....but I won't.

Caroline said...

love the blog..watch the comments about my mentor/idol/inspiration Dave Ramsey though!!! :)