BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

SKRIBIT WEEK #6



HOW DID YOU AND KRISTEN MEET?

I had known "of" Kristen for some time. Our dads played music together for years and I was good friends with Kristen's little brother in high school. (We were in a rock band called "Guilt Shifter." We were really, really good.)

I officially "met" Kristen at an event being held at her church in December of 1996. I was asked to perform as the opening act for a guy named Jeffrey Alan Wade who was doing a concert at the church. Part of the gig required me to also sit in as the church's acoustic guitar player.

So, I played in the worship band, played my solo stuff and ended up talking to Kristen for a few minutes during the concert. (Sorry, Jeff...)

After the concert was over, the worship leader ask me to stay on as the acoustic guitar player. So I did. Every week, I'd come to practice just hoping to get to talk to Kristen.

Our first date was in January. Kristen called to see if I'd play guitar for her at this event she was singing. She promised to buy me supper afterward.

Free supper? Bought by a beautiful girl?
Absolutely!

We didn't even eat that night. We just sat in Casa Ole and talked until they closed.
I don't think we ever spent another weekend apart for the next year.

She was (and still is) the most beautiful, funny, charming girl I've met. I had to make her mine!

0 comments: