BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

HOOKUPS...


Most of you know that I like Paul Baloche.

Okay, okay...who are we kidding? I love Paul Baloche.

Shortly after the record came out, I asked Paul's assistant if I could mail one to Paul as a thank you for all that his music has meant to me over the years.

Frank says to send it, so I do.

Now, I imagine that Paul receives lots of CDs in the mail, most of them "unsolicited," so I was cool if they didn't have time to listen to it.

Last week, Casting Crowns, Leeland and John Waller came to Nacogdoches (this gross little city next to Lufkin.) I get a text on the night of the concert from my good buddy Clay Walker. The text reads:

i'm with paul baloche right now

I try to text him back to see what in the heck is going on and find out that Paul is at the concert in Nacogdoches. Beyond that, I can't really figure out what's going on.

The next morning, I call Clay. It goes something like this:

TODD
What the heck?

CLAY
Dude, he was at the Casting Crowns concert. He and Mark Hall are like best friends.
...
It was so cool man,

TODD
So, did you -

CLAY
He's a little guy!

TODD
Right, so were you able to ask him -

CLAY
But fit! Boy, he is a fit guy!

TODD
Good...so, did you guys happen to talk about -

CLAY
He thought it was so cool that I was from Mineola...you know, I from there and that's his neck of the woods...

TODD
Clay...

CLAY
I mean, this is PAUL BALOCHE! The guy who writes so many songs that my church sings!

TODD
But, Clay -

CLAY
It was awesome.

TODD
Clay, Clay, Clay, Clay...
Tell me you asked him if he got the CD...tell me you talked about it.

CLAY
Um. No, I didn't.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, if you don't mind...please email Clay at clay@fbclufkin.org and leave him a very rude comment about betrayal or the true nature of friendship or some such meanness.

Then we'll all feel better.

(By the way, there is a silver lining to this story...but it will have to wait...)












6 comments:

oldfart said...

Todd, you seemed kinda miffed that Clay didn't mention your cd.

Are you ok?

DWC said...

I would have mentioned it if I had been there ... well if I had known that you had sent one ...

Hope it turns out OK for you, Todd ...

Sorry Clay let you down ...

DWC

Kacie said...

Ah, how sad. And maybe it's just me, but in that whole dialogue Clay sounded just like Kevin from The Office. Am I way off, I mean I don't really know Clay?

Kaity said...

ba ha ha. so i was reading that and getting excited for you then i got to the end and it was not what i expected. ha. that was quite funny.

Robert Conn said...

GREAT... Todd's been away from blogger for a few days. You know what that means don't you? He's going to have about 30 posts all in one day!

Julie said...

This really aggrivates me Todd. You and Clay are like best buds and he did not say One itsy bitsy thing about you. Hummm. "Clay", expect an e-mail.