BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 17, 2007


As many of you know, the last and final edition of the Left Behind series was released earlier in the month. Kingdom Come chronicles "The Final Victory" and essentially seals the deal on the whole storyline that many have been following over the years.

Here's my questions: When did YOU stop reading the series? I say this because I don't know anyone who still reads this stuff and I'd love to know when you all felt like you couldn't take anymore.

Side Note: If you haven't read any of these books, don't post anything. We got it - you're too cool for school. Just don't clog up the comments with some arrogant form of "Man, I never read that. I was too busy listening to Newsboys. 'Cause I'm cool like that."

Here's a list of the thirteen books in the series. I'm looking for three answers:
- Which book did you end with?
- Why?
- Your favorite quote from the books. (Should you remember any.)

  1. Left Behind
  2. Tribulation Force
  3. Nicolae
  4. Soul Harvest
  5. Apollyon
  6. Assassins
  7. The Indwelling
  8. The Mark
  9. The Desecration
  10. The Remnant
  11. Armageddon
  12. Glorious Appearing
  13. Kingdom Come

8 comments:

Robert Conn said...

I made it all the way to #7. Mainly because I started very late and getting the first few were easy to do. After that I began to get a little offended that they were dragging it out so much.

I don't remember any quotes other than the "brother" quote. I can't say I blame the guys though. I mean if I could write a 20 book series and have people buy billons of copies, I'd probably drag it out as well. Kudos to LeHaye and Jenkins... Boo to us for buying into it!

Amy said...

I know I read the first two, I think I read the third. I can't remember. How long ago was it when that first book came out anyway? I hated that the first half of each book was a recap of the previous book.

Favorite quote: "He poo pooed the idea."

daniel said...

I quit after two or three chapters of the third book. I think I just got bored and soon picked up Harry Potter instead.

Danielle said...

I guit halfway through the first chapter of the first book...and don't regret it.

Lance said...

I agree with Danielle. I mean that first half of the first chapter was awesome!

I am pretty sure that I read all the way to the desecration. I stopped because... well it was taking too long. Even though I have gladly waited as many years for the last potter book.

The quote. "Your the only brother, brother I have left... if you know what I mean." or something like that.

Jinx said...

I also got about as far as Danielle. The first book was just way too boring and wordy I think. Too much introduction and details for someone with ADD to get through.

However..."Man, I never read that. I was too busy listening to Newsboys (what???? Newsboys???). 'Cause I'm cool like that."

Mark Jaffrey said...

Hi from Cairo. Just found your blog, and like your style man.

Left Behind? I think I read the first four or five when we lived here the first time (99 to 01) and had nothing else to read. My neighbour lent them to me. I hated them, but they were strangely compelling despite the mangled prose (worse than Dan Brown), horribly inaccurate depictions on non-American characters and meandering strung-out narrative. Have you seen Brent Hansen's posts on the game? Most amusing. Check out http://branthansen.typepad.com/letters_from_kamp_krusty/2006/12/kamp_krusty_ans.html

Mark Jaffrey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.