BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 29, 2006

I had a conversation with someone the other day and we were talking about some of the "pitfalls" of contemporary worship. I just love having this conversation. How come those guys never talk about the "pitfalls" of traditional worship or even, gasp, blended worship? Oh, well.

Anyway, we're just talking along and I'm taking it like a man, when the other person says,

"You know, contemporary worship just really doesn't give enough weight to the offering."

I apologize, because I am paraphrasing and I can't remember it word for word. Regardless, I was a little perplexed, so I asked for some clarification and this is what I got (essentially)

"Contemporary worship talks about our offerings being a form of worship, when, you know, it's really the highest form of worship." (Italics mark where the other dude placed the emphasis...)

Ok, friends (and maybe enemies) what do we think of that?

3 comments:

Robert Conn said...

Not that I can add to what Bro. Lance has stated but I'll try.

Worship leaders are passionate about leading worship, preachers are passionate about the preaching, Wee-care workers are passionate about kids, etc. Too many times we compartmentalize our area and claim that it is only our area that holds significance and meaning. Mainly because we have no idea what each area brings to the table. I think Worship leaders should be required to preach sometimes, Children's Ministers should lead a Youth Bible study. Not so much so they can gain good spiritual insight and knowledge but mainly just because it would be funny for the rest of us.

Sorry, if you were expecting a serious answer... I just couldn't do it.

Todd Wright said...

Dang I miss Lance.

Robert Conn said...

Yeah, he sure was cute!