BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 03, 2006

For Your Consideration



Ladies and gentleman of the blog community, it is with a heavy heart and much concern that I speak to you today. As hard as it may be, I must now begin deliberations with regard to removing my link to Jimmy Williams' blog.

I'd like to stress the fact that I have always been, and still am, a fan of Jimmy Williams. This is not a vendetta. This is not a Methodist/Baptist thing. (Mainly because I'm a Baptist Methodist instead of Methodist Baptist.) And, truth be told, I'm not sure I'm ready to remove Jimmy from the list. If you'll allow me, I'd like to make a brief list to show the reasons for my confusion.

Reasons to Boot Jimmy
1. His last post was May 15th
2. His blog is hosted on typepad, which I believes he pays for. (Wasteful)
3. I can't, in good faith, continue to implicitly suggest that his blog is worth checking out via the link here on the site. (How many of you keep clicking it time after time to see if he's finally written anything down?)

Reasons to Keep Jimmy
1. A link on Todd Wright's blog is no small thing. Don't think I'm unaware of the fact that a presence here on Todd's blog is a instant boost of "street cred" or "blog cred" or whatever sort of "cred" the kid's talk about these days. Removing him might render him severely deficient of cool.
2. I fully understand that people get busy and are unable to blog. (But, doesn't he own like fourteen computers? You're telling me he can't sign in once a week at least?!)
3. He's a cool guy who lives in Lufkin. (A dying species to be sure.)

Therefore, I eagerly ask that you all help me in deciding whether or not to keep Jimmy's blog linked here. Please comment in the affirmative or negative WITH a reason why. PLEASE NOTE: I will acknowledge no vote if not given with good, strong, logical reasoning.

Come on, gang, Jimmy's fate rests in your hands.

7 comments:

Robert Conn said...

Section C, Article 49.34B clearly states that after a full 2 months of non-blogging then an individual rightfully retains the ability to remove a link without fear of backlash, slander, or stalking.

We are fast approaching that mark... Jimmy beware!

Jinx said...

Just a thought, but maybe it's a sign that you should add my link to your page to fill his space....so that's an affirmative for booting, with a good reason.

daniel said...

I am torn by this decision. Part of me says "Boot him now!" But, another part of me knows that if you remove his link I probably won't check to see if it's ever updated.
So...my vote is to keep the link. Hopefully, these deliberations will serve as a wake-up call for Jimmy because I do enjoy reading his blog.

Todd Wright said...

I'm not sure that I can accept the vote of a non-blogger, Daniel. I will take it before the sub-committee and see if your contribution will be recognized or not.

daniel said...

Todd,

I humbly request that you check my blog, which was updated today. Yes, it had been quite a while, but I am back.

Sincerely,
Daniel

Humbly submitted to the committee on this, the 5th day of July, 2006. Thank you for your consideration.

daniel said...

how are you gonna go and stab me in the back like that?! i thought more highly of you darkstew.

Ffdskl Edhchgerg said...

What does the Book of Discipline say about non-blogging? Come on Todd, What Would Wesley Do?