BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 29, 2008

As If Blogging Weren't Pretentious Enough...

Now, the people at WIRED magazine offer this way of making yourself more important than you really are.

By inputting your MySpace, Twitter and blog URL, the mysterious computer robots that live inside Google scour the internet to find out popular you really are. (Links, references, other stuff I don't understand...)

How could I pass that up? Here's how I did:








I had no idea whether or not this score meant anything, so I clicked on one of the sample names to see how I rate.

Barack Obama's score? 7,122.

So...I think I can safely say I am less popular than Barack Obama. Thank you, WIRED magazine!

And even though you'll pretend to not care about something as silly as this...you know you want to try.

7 comments:

ross said...

wow... that is a blow to an ego on Monday morning. I'm only a 58

Of course, I don't play guitar or have professional political views either. So, I'm thinking that 58 has to be near the top of the "average/plain person" score... alright, I'm feeling better about myself already.

Robert Conn said...

17 - Is this like golf? Cause if so... I rock!

Johnny! said...

4.

Artie said...

38.. I'm heart broken. I wonder if the fact that I'm 48 years old has some kind of impact on that. At lease I could fill in all three fields. I guess considering my age I really ought to be impressed that I even have a number...being the old, average joe freight guy, part time worship leader/pastor dude that I am.

Mr Farty said...

7 - Lowest score wins! Right?

Bobby said...

5. That's higher than I thought it would be.

Robert Conn said...

I'm subscribing to Johnny simply for having a 4.