BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 18, 2005

My Own Personal Vespers

Late night blogging just before going to be is becoming a bit of a ritual with me. Like daily meditation or something.

Had worship practice tonight. It was good. We just brought in a new piano player who is very good but can't get her mind around the whole "less is more" approach. At one point in rehearsal, I asked her to just play chords one time and let them ring.

"Just chords? Let them ring for the whole song?" she asked.
I nodded and smiled, hoping with all my might she'll trust me in this scary new adventure of hers!

Now we've got keys AND piano. I was worried it might become a bit murky, but since we were out an electric, I think the spaces filled up nicely. I think it's a good set. We're trying "He Lives" again. We're also doing . . . no, I can't tell you.

No, really. If I did, I would lose so much credibility. I can't...please, don't make me.
OKAY!
OKAY!
WE'RE DOING 'LORD I LIFT YOUR NAME ON HIGH!'

But wait! We're doing in A. Sort of like a Caedmon's-Hope to Carry On feel, you know? No, it's cool. Very funky. Nice rhythm pocket. (Need more musical terms to reinstate artistic integrity - can't think - need time.)


Now, I'm just being silly.

0 comments: