BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Note to all TWB Members...

Not too long ago, I declared my love for the U2 Go Home: Live at Slane Castle, a live concert DVD that my bass player loaned me. Yes, it's a great concert...absent the Atomic Bomb tunes, its a much open set, complete with a few old tunes that have since been cut from the live shows.

But the second thing is this: this DVD has reaffirmed my love and appreciation for a particular U2 song...and what's more...it's convinced me that, in my opinion, this is probably the best tune the band's ever written and recorded.



I'm including it here for all of you out there who play music with me from time-to-time on the road. TWB - this tune is now our new soundcheck song. Learn it. Love it. Live it.

4 comments:

Johnny! said...

You're high. "Ultraviolet" is their best.

Dale Best said...

Great DVD! I need to pull it out and watch. The interesting thing about the filming of this DVD is it happened a week after Bob Hewson (Bono's dad) died and a week before September 11th. I'm filled with enormous emotion when I hear "Kite" performed.

chrismaroon said...

does this mean that anybody who learns this tune gets to be in the TWB?????

I'll learn it, you know I will, but I don't think I have the cool vibe points to be in the TWB.

Artie said...

U2..sorry..yawn..