BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 26, 2009

For Kristen...

Today is Kristen's birthday and I thought I might do something a little different for her this year.

When Kristen and I were first married, I played every song for her. Everything I had written, partially written or even just "covered" was played for her first. She knew every song...why I wrote it, when I finished it, what I was trying to say, the whole thing.

Now, not so much. Being married over 10 years has a way of shaping life into something that's sweet and filled with purpose and support. However, we rarely have time these days to sit down and talk about songwriting. It's often weeks after I've written something and Kristen will say, "Wait a second. You wrote that?"

I enjoy playing songs for her as they come to life, but I would change what we have for anything. Because it allows me to do something like this:

It's me and my guitar and GarageBand. It's not perfect, but it's true...and I'm happy to share it.

LISTEN HERE


When I saw you for the first time
Had no idea in mind

What would happen, what love would bring

What wonders I would come to see

When I heard you say, "Yes,"

Had no idea how blessed

You would make me, what you would do

How you would help me build my dreams and then make them all come true


So here's another song...saying something simple and true

But my voice will never be strong enough to say all that I want to
I'm loving the learning every day
, discovering you

When I see you, here and now

I can't believe just how
The Father's blessed me, how great His love;

You're the best thing I've ever had the best is still yet to come


So let's laugh some more

'Cause there's so much in store

Joy and pain, some new and some same
But we'll face it together each day

Loving the learning every day
Loving everything you do and say
Thankful to the Lord you came my way
And I'm discovering you...
________________________
Happy Birthday, Kristen. You still amaze and mystify me as only you can. Hope you know how loved you are today.

4 comments:

Robert Conn said...

You are the man!

Michael James said...

that's great...i think i wrote some the same thing for you though...

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Great song and what a tribute to your wife. Good for you (and her).

Artie said...

That is a great tune..and a great tribute to your "lovely bride".. lol.