BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 25, 2008

CONCERT REVIEW...

Andy Gullahorn, 2/24/08
ComChurch / College Station, TX


Krist and I dropped off the kids and left Lufkin a little after 4. I wanted to listen to non-stop Gullahorn on the way, but Krist said she wanted to be surprised by the songs and didn't want to listen to Andy's whole catalog. So, she powered on the radio and we listened to some country and then some 106.9 out of Houston. (The Point!)

Closer to Bryan/CS, I finally got control of the iPod and managed to play some of Andy's "Room to Breathe" record. We got to College Station about 6, ate dinner and then set out to find Ross' church. (Not the easiest place in the world to locate, but we made it just in time.)

The concert was fantastic. Most of you know I'm a freak about setlists - asking most of my friends to remember each and every song from concerts you go to. I forgot to bring something to write with, so here's what I can remember of the set, in no particular order.

1. Nobody Wants To Work
2. Roast Beef
3. Holy Flakes

4. Desperate Man
5. Alright Here
6. That Guy
7. If I Were
8. (New song he co-wrote w/ Jason Gray)
9. Give Me Grace
10. Never Let Me Down

11. Wrecking Ball (Jill Phillips tune)
12. How Precious Life Is

It was a fantastic show - one of those rare opportunities to see someone so at home and in control of his craft sharing stories and songs from his life and family. The only complaint is that he didn't do Green Hills Mall, More Of A Man, or Beginning Of The End...but the show was so good, I didn't even mind. (I'll tell you this...Wrecking Ball is awesome. That one's going in the iPod, gang.)

2 comments:

JBo said...

Fascinating.

Shelly Conn said...

More of a Man: Very funny
He kind of has a dry personality.