BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 10, 2008

I'M TRYING...

Why I Should Like Ryan Adams
1. The dude writes about 25 songs a day.
2. Plenty of steel, so I get my fix.
3. Is there anybody in alt-country with more bravado and rock-star attitude? (He's like a country rock Bono or something.)
4. I'm a hip musician, so I should.

Why I Can't
1. The voice. I'm sorry - I know alt-country/singer-songwriters are supposed to have unique voices. Heck, I like Bill Mallonee, after all. But Adams is just too "croony" for me. In all honesty, it's a way more versatile voice than a bunch of other guitar-slinging tunesmiths, but I just can't do it. It's warbly, it's in the back of his throat, it's a little too shakey on the end of his phrases, almost like a yodel in some parts.

I'm trying to learn to like it, but I don't think it's gonna' happen.

5 comments:

Johnny! said...

He's one o' those guys I appreciate but to whom I don't care to listen. And his antics are stupid.

Todd Wright said...

Yeah, I think that's me. What's wrong with us?

Jeff said...

never got into him either..Todd go check out my blog.

Jinx said...

I like him...

Todd Wright said...

I saw you gave me love, Jeff. That's nuts!