BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 17, 2007





My mom just bought a laptop. She had seen the laptop that Kristen's mom bought this past summer and decided to get one for Christmas.

Mom and Dad bought a new Acer laptop. A few nights ago, I got the chance to go over and take a look at it. In addition to being really light for its size and having some pretty cool programs, I was shocked at how Mac-like it was.

First of all, the laptop featured an all-white keyboard, an iSight-type camera at the top of the screen and even program icons that automatically enlarge when you mouse over them.

In almost every other aspect it was a very nice, smooth running PC, but I wonder if we'll see more PCs adopting some of Mac's more popular features. It's interesting that so many people run XP on Macs while PCs work so hard to look like Macs.

13 comments:

Jeff said...

PC's have been trying to "look" like Mac for years now..not a new thing. The main problem (maybe not main problem) is that PCs have so many wires and different pieces. Mac is simple and easy, all in one. I have a Mac and have never run XP on it. Why would I? I think there are less Mac users running XP than you think. I think they run it to simply run it, cause they can. Interesting how Vista has "widgets" just like Mac along with other features. Anyway, just sharing my two cents.

Todd Wright said...

I dunno, man....I know plenty of folks who run xp on mac.

But maybe my friends are just way cooler than yours.

Jinx said...

I'm assuming it has Vista on it, and not XP. And obviously, Vista is not the best thing since sliced bread....so I'd wait until you got mess with it more to decide how good it is. Even devout Windows users hate Vista, not just Mac-converts like me. Oh, and I never run XP/Windows on mine either. There's really no need to.

Johnny! said...

I know people who use BootCamp to run Windows, but they hardly ever really use it.

david said...

speaking of way cooler...
todd have you noticed your mom is rapidly approaching "way cooler that you" status?

david said...

than you even...

Todd Wright said...

I got it honest.

Anonymous said...

XP on a Mac? That's heresy.

And there is absolutely no way that an Acer laptop looks anything like a Mac.

daniel said...

XP on a Mac? That's heresy.

And there is absolutely no way that an Acer laptop looks anything like a Mac.

Todd Wright said...

Absolutely no way, huh?

You know, for a liberal, Daniel, you're awful legalistic.

Forrest said...

I agree - you can tell from that pic it doesn't look anything like a mac - and i went straight from a PC to a Mac - never looked back - XP what?

Todd Wright said...

Well, that pic was the only picture of an Acer I could find, okay, moron?

I never said that I also secretly photographed my mom's computer then photoshopped the background stuff out so that you could all get a look-see to verify whether or not my opinion is actually true according to your own beliefs.

Sheesh, Mac users are annoying.

Ffdskl Edhchgerg said...

I agree, Todd. And I have seen the all white Acer that looks very Mac-ish. I would totally get a mac as a second computer but I don't want to have to join a cult just to do so.