BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 07, 2007

Jonah woke up at 6:20. I had been up really late the previous night, but alas, it was my turn to get up. I went up to his room and lay by him for a few minutes, grabbing a few more minutes of sleep. By 6:30, we were downstairs in the living room. Jonah watched “My Fairly Odd Parents,” a cartoon I’ve yet to really understand.

Finley woke up soon after that, so I got her and brought her into the living room so she could drink her morning cup. Surprisingly, I stayed conscious during this whole affair, making a concentrated effort to avoid dozing on the couch. Okay, there were a couple of times I closed my eyes, but for the most part, I behaved like a – well, you know – a real dad.

I woke Krist up at 7:10 and collapsed for the remainder of the hour. Kristen woke me up at 8, but it took a few minutes to get my arms, legs and brain to begin functioning as a team. Krist laid down for another thirty minutes or so. While she did, I colored with Jonah at the kitchen counter. Eventually he grew tired of it and went back to TV. I finally convinced Kristen that she had to get up, but rather than hit the bed for another round of sleep, I opted for the treadmill. As I walked, I worked on finishing "The Departed."

After the treadmill, I came in to watch kids while Kristen got ready for work. We played an oh-so-mature game of chase/tag with a rubber ball, which the kids loved. Not long after, Dad got a bit tired, so we took a break. I grabbed a quick shower and threw on some lounge-wear. Jonah read comic books while Finley and I shared some peanut butter toast. I checked some email and made plans for the day with Kristen.

After Kristen left, the kids and I played ball and chase, each resorting into giant tickling matches. Somewhere in the playing, Finely found one of those old Christmas movies on DVD. You know, something like Frosty the Snowman, as narrated by Jimmy Durante. It's twelve minutes long, so I popped it in in between tickle attacks from my son.

They watched the movie, I messed with Google reader for a bit, then Jonah decided he was going to "build" a TV. This involved taping construction paper to the TV screen and cutting strips of paper to be our remote. Apparently the movie we watched was called "School Glue." I'm not exactly sure of much more than that.

Krist got home about 12:30 as the kids were finishing up lunch. We put Finley down for a nap at about 1 and Kristen and I ate as Jonah played in his room. I tried calling Blake to locate my CD artwork for the mail out as I got ready. Just as I was about to start getting dressed, Jonah wanted to play spies. So he and I spent about fifteen minutes stalking Kristen, getting the key for the computer, accessing pictures of Mt. Rushmore, (he had just seen the new National Treasure trailer,) then getting to our airplane were I was shot in the shoulder as we left. Once in the plane, I suddenly turned into a bad guy because of some poison that had been injected into my body during the mission. I tried to kill my partner, but he quickly shot a missile of antidote into my tummy.

After the playing, I got ready and began printing out all my order forms for the CD and email my customer service rep at the duplicator. Grabbed the family and we headed into town. Went and put money in the bank, packed all my stuff and went to the post office. I don't have the words to express how cool it felt to mail that stuff off. The making of this record has been an amazing journey and I can't wait for you all to hear it. In addition to all of the amazing work by the producers, engineers and musicians, I must tell you that Sean Dupre and Blake Stewart truly outdid themselves on the photos and CD design. I'm really proud of the work they've done.

After the mailing, I dropped the family off at home and then headed to the church to pick up some sound gear for the church's "Evening In Old Bethlehem." This is my second year as a full-time staffer during the event, but this was the first year I worked the whole evening. I setup a sound system in the entryway with a reading from Luke 2 along with some instrumental music, spread sawdust around slippery entrances and walked around helping out wherever needed. (Tomorrow night, I video everything.)

Kristen and the kids showed up around 7, so we walked around the city awhile. They went home and I got everything shut down. Stopped off at Sonic for a late-night, high-fat meal and came home. Krist was shopping online and watching The Santa Clause 2. I tried to change it over to CMT Crossroads for the Joss Stone/Leann Rimes special, but Krist wasn't having it. I ate, blogged, bathed and then went to bed.

That's my Friday..

0 comments: