BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Just finished MANHUNT, by Peter Maas. The book records the amazing attempt to capture and convict a former CIA operative named Edwin Wilson who was guilty of providing arms to America's enemies and using his government contacts to make profits illegally. It's a great book, as I am prone to say since I'm a sucker for spy books!

The book was originally published in 1986 and I found the closing paragraph in the "author's note" section to be really interesting. Check it out:

"And a particluar thank you to John-Michael Maas, who unraveled the mysteries of the IBM computer used to write this book. I'm not sure if the computer is the greatest invention since the wheel. I have do doubt, though, that it is the most revolutionary turn in the history of father-and-teenage-son relations."

0 comments: