BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

BIG BROTHER?

As a member of CCLI (yes, Jeff, I got your email and will answer soon,) I'm able to sign in to view my songs as well as all songs included in the SongSelect program. This allows me to check lyrics, copyright info, rights ownership of every song registered with CCLI.

This week, I was looking to double check the lyrics of Rich Mullins' "I See You." We're using the song for a video in our upcoming God 101 series and I was debating playing the song live to videor or just using the CD version during the video.

Now, when you sign into SongSelect, you hit a main menu page. Usually, this page includes for or five small links to some of the top songs of the day...in addition to this, there's usually a flash banner running at the top of the page. This banner will show some promotional shot of an artist, list the song and add some quote like:
"Martin Smith's 'Here I Am' offers a heartfelt cry from a generation longing for change."
This banner scrolls constantly, so I don't pay much attention to it.

So, imagine my surprise when I log into the site on Tuesday and the banner has a giant picture of Rich Mullins and giant words "I See You" lighting up the screen.

I've NEVER seen Rich Mullins on this flash show, never seen CCLI have any sort of link to Mullins' music...

Is CCLI watching me?

7 comments:

Jeff said...

waiting patiently Todd....ok that's long enough.

Jinx said...

You know good and well that you're as giddy as a schoolgirl if CCLI is watching you...

Robert Conn said...

What? Todd is watching a giddy school girl? Dude that's gross.

Todd Wright said...

okay, this got weird all of a sudden

Jinx said...

I don't know what just happened.....

Johnny! said...

I'd like Ross to chime in on CCLI.

I've had big doubts about them ever since the "Evan Almighty" thing, and they never gave me an answer to my questions about that.

Todd Wright said...

JOHNNY, PLEASE DON'T TALK BAD ABOUT CCLI. THEY ARE GREAT. I REPEAT THEY ARE GREAT AND I LOVE BEING CONNECTED WITH THEIR FANTASTIC ORGANIZATION.

OH, IF I COULD ONLY COUNT THE WAYS I LOVE CCLI...I AM SO GRATEFUL TO BE AFFILIATED WITH CCLI (LOCATED AT WWW.CCLI.COM OR BY PHONE AT (503) 257-2230.
------------------------------
Normally, I post pics of my CCLI checks on the blog, but I forgot to the one I got last month.

Guess how much?

$2.42.

So sad.