BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Tracking Kristen

We tracked background vocals for Kristen on Thursday and Friday. It went great. She was a little nervous but did an excellent job. Here's how it went down:

THURSDAY
"I Am Glad"
"Align"
"Like The Sun"
"Beautiful"

FRIDAY
"King of Mercy"
"Let It Be"
"My Lips Will Sing"
"The Cross of Christ."


Kristen did so good. Some of the tunes featured more "invisible" parts where Krist was truly operating like a paid background vocalist - more simple parts that are intended to be present, but farther back in the mix. Other songs feature her more as a soloist or duet partner. She did great on both types.

She was really professional and funny. She came in with a great attitude and a lot of patience as we sat at the console and threw all sorts of weird ideas at her. I was reminded again what an amazing voice she has and I think this record is far better now because of her contribution.

I won't lie. Sitting there, hearing her tracks...there might just be a Kristen Wright album somewhere in the future.

From what I hear, toddwrightmusic.com is coming along and I think we've found a really good deal on artwork/duplication, which is nice. (Just think, once the website is up and running, you won't have to read all this self-absorbed blather on the blog!)

For those of you wondering what's next on the record, it will probably play out something like this.

1. More background vocals - Ross and Keith will now go out and find some vocal variety for the tracks. The Mixlab has tons of really amazing singers at their disposal, so they'll be bringing some nice additional creativity to the songs.

2. Strings - The record is going to feature violin/fiddle and some string section stuff. Not sure of the scheduling on this one, but from what I hear, it's worth the wait.

3. Extras - There are a couple of other "special" things we'll be adding/trying on the record. If it works out like we think, it's gonna' be really cool. So cool that I can't tell you.


4. Mixdown - Looking forward to this processs as we near completion. Can't wait to hear Keith and Ross smooth these tunes out and apply tons of "auto-tune" to my voice!

That's where we are as of right now! I've got a pretty cool video of some vocal stuff I did on the record. I'll try to post it Saturday afternoon some time. (A Sneak Peak!)

0 comments: