BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Virtual Praise Team

It's official. The electric guitar spot for the Virtual Praise Team goes to the late Stevie Ray Vaughn. Thank you to all who voted. Now...onto bass.




Voting will close Thursday night. Don't forget to tell us who you'd pick and why.

(Some justification: If you've been following the Virtual Praise Team thus far and you are relatively knowledgeable about music, you will notice that I'm trying to pick three radically different players with each new position. I'm not saying these are the top three players in their field. I'm not saying they'd truly work in a worship setting. Instead, I'm picking three vastly different players who, by the nature of their specific styles and techniques, say more about the people who vote for them than whether or not they would survive in a worship band. Understanding this, I'd love to know who you might like to see in the upcoming votes - what drummers, percussionists, piano players, singers, etc. would you like to see in a vote? I only ask that you get that info to me via email rather than using the post itself. Let's try to keep each post on-topic, cool?)

10 comments:

Jeff said...

I would say Sting. I think he could add alot with his vocals. I don't like Flea. haha.

Can't wait to hear your cd.

blake stewart said...

I am going to go off topic so ha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOUsADCgLvE&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fblog%2Emyspace%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ecfm%3Ffuseaction%3Dblog%2Eview%26friendID%3D136785934%26blogID%3D258148930

Salvation Is Here bass solo is just that, a bass solo. (I'm not saying I doubted you, I'm just saying I didn't believe you).

Todd Wright said...

Then they overdubbed synth after the fact, man. Listen to the track w/ headphones on. The cd version is not all bass.

Unknown said...

My vote goes to Victor Wooten...that guy is amazing.

Amy said...

STING. Just because I love him, and always have.

Robert Conn said...

Sting...

Jinx said...

Wooten

...and how did Stevie win?

Todd Wright said...

danielle came in with a last minute vote.

Forrest said...

Everyone that has posted thus far is STUPID

Flea all the way - Those other two can't rock for nothin

And as far as suggestions go - if you put a piano player in this - I'll never read your blog again -

Romack said...

And by the way, that Tenni's Bass Blog video is ridiculous.