BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 30, 2007

25 Reasons Why I Love Robert Conn

In honor of my public honoring of my wife, Robert honored his wife. So in honor of Robert honoring Shelly as a way of honoring me for honoring Kristen, I now pay tribute the coolest kid who ever lived in Porter, Texas.

  1. Robert+Djembe = pure worship flow.
  2. His clothes are never wrinkled. This guy can get up at the crack of dawn, work a full day, play three-on-three basketball for an hour in the North Texas summer and still show up for a churchwide supper looking like he just stepped out of the shower into freshly pressed duds.
  3. He sang what is the absolute best line of the famed "Blue Dilly Dilly." (Milkbone, he goes to town, to see them chocolate pies.) I wrote the line, but he sang it and owned it from the get-go.
  4. While away in Sanger, he has been secretly honing his graphic design skills and is once again one of the most creative design guys I've met. Seriously. He's getting pretty awesome.
  5. Pastor, seminary student, husband, father, friend and blogger? I'm amazed he pulls it off and pulls it off so well. His is a hard life, but he makes it look easy.
  6. That whole Week of Musical Influences thing he did on his site? Genius.
  7. When I met him he wore overalls and work boots. Now he's the snappiest dresser I know.
  8. When given the opportunity to take a little church in a little town that most of us had never heard of, Robert obeyed the Father. He didn't think "too small," or "too far," or "too old." He followed the Father's call and now He's impacting tons of people by living out Jesus to them.
  9. He lets me play his guitar.
  10. He has always been such an encourager. Many of you know this - you've experienced first hand his overwhelming desire to bless and build his friends. His praise is always honest, true and freely given.
  11. He and Shelly know swing dancing. At least, they used to.
  12. When he and Shelly moved into the house on Fish Road, we were all over there helping him fix cabinets and he accidentally slammed his head into a hinge while working. I prepared myself to the onslaught - the cursing, hitting, whining. (The way I would respond.) Instead, he just rubbed his head and said, "Y'all wanna' go to Lowe's?" I knew right then that this was a guy I needed on my side.
  13. BIG
  14. Metro
  15. God bless him - I watched him lead worship at Harmony Hill with some of the most "unique" drummers I've ever seen. And he did it with a smile.
  16. He can play Tony Joe White songs on demand.
  17. He and I experienced U2 live for the first time side by side. That kinda' thing bonds a couple dudes, you know?
  18. He and I are the same person.
  19. He knows scores of useless trivia about C.S. Lewis, Lord of the Rings, James Taylor and the Eagles.
  20. He's the first friend of mine who had an iPod. Thank you, Robert.
  21. "She may be your daughter, but she's my wife." That's hardcore, right there.
  22. Once, while listening to some old rock and roll, he jumped up and shouted/sang, "My Corona!" The song was My Sharona.
  23. Still makes full use of the "Fason Jullen" joke. It still kills.
  24. He destroyed a beloved family tree in Maryland. Kinda.
  25. The man can ski, y'all.

2 comments:

Robert Conn said...

Holy cow, I feel like I could beat up a giant right now... Thanks!

(however, I will have to respond, you know that right?)

Todd Wright said...

'Bout time.