BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

At The Risk of Sounding Sexist

A few months ago, I happened upon a phenomenon that I thought was a rare occurence. As time went by, I began formulating a theory. As more and more evidence stacked up, I became even more convinced of my position.

Girls don't know how to use walkie-talkies.

Seriously, hand a walkie-talkie to ten girls and at least 8 of them won't have a clue what to do. They don't know what button to push, they're turning the volume knob back and forth and typically, they end up talking into the machine without turning it on.

I realize there are exceptions, but the majority of the time, girls don't have a clue about this particular brand of technology.

Anybody with me? Anybody hate me?

9 comments:

Lance said...

It's not only that girls do not know how to operate a walkie talkie, (btw... I love that name... it sounds so juvenile... like they came up with it on a schoolyard) it's that they can't even comprehend the concept of having to wait to talk.

It was one of the main reasons to keep women out of combat until real time two way communication was possible. Can you imagine one girl calling down mortar shells?

Lady 1: "We need mortar..."

Lady 2: "Oh, I know just what you are talking about... "

Lady 1: "... niner...Wait... Were you talking? I was giving you the coordinates"

Lady 2: "And I needed some mortar shells right then and there... did you say something???"

Lady 1: "... right now... are you even listening??? It's like you aren't even listening to me!"

Lady 2: "I would listen if you would quit interrupting"

Women... they can push buttons... they just can't wait to speak.

Jason Fullen
(using Lance's account sign-in)

Michael James said...

I think there's a part of the brain that women don't have that prohibits them from comprehending that task. It's just genetics I guess.

Robert Conn said...

They can't do a lot of the things that are integral of being a man.

1) Make the sound of a machine gun.
2) Pee on an ant 3 feet away.
3) Make fingernail clippings disapear in the carpet.
4) Spit.
5) Spit on an ant 3 feet away.

I could go on!

Robert Conn said...

This is Shelly posting.

I know how to use a walkie-talkie.

Amy said...

No problem for me either, Shelly. I don't know what they're talking about.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danielle said...

I don't have a problem using walkie talkies. I actually enjoy taking it to Wal-Mart to interfere with the security channels there. I actually had Wal-Mart security searching aisle 6 where I called for a vomit clean up, then signed off with a CB salutation. Then they searched the whole building and the parking lot for me. AWESOME.

Todd Wright said...

Sorry, girls. I just don't believe you.

Rachel said...

I can use a walkie-talkie as well. No problem.