BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Maryland Day 4

When we all to bed at 3am, Jason said..."Hey, we need to be leaving at 7:45." No problem, I said. I'm gonna' get up at 6. Right.

At 7:30, Jason knocks on my door. "Hey, Todd. It's 7:30. We're running a bit late." After the quickest shower in the history of bathing, I jumped in the ride with Jason and the band and headed for the church. We got there and handed over the amp we had been using. (It was really theirs.)

We waited for the praise team to do their run-through, then soundchecked "Part of Your Story" one time. Justin was on V-drums. Forrest says that I used to like V-drums, but I maintain that I've always hated them for live worship applications.

We sat around, went to the service and did the song. Twice. (They have an early and late service.) It was good. People were very passionate about worship and it was encouraging to be surrounded by folks who were praising with such abandon.

After the service, Lance took all the leaders to lunch. (Chili's - had the cheese sticks.) We came home and I pounded out the set.

The Sunday night set was purely celebration, so I knew we had to "bring the quickness and make it sting." Here's the set:

My Glorious (Smith/Garrard)
Here Is Our King (Crowder)
All the Freed (Wright)
Lord of Life (Wright)
Sing Like The Saved (Redman)
My Life Is Yours (Adam Hunsiker wrote it and led it. He's Lance's worship guy.)
Unchanging (Tom-Tom)
My Savior (Wright)
Part of Your Story (Wright)

I Am Glad (Wright)
How Great Is Our God/How Great Thou Art (Tomlin)

It was amazing. I've never seen anything like this place. When the service ended, we did the massive jam session on All The Freed complete with a drum solo and a 3 person free-for-all on percussion.

Afterwards, we all went to Lance and Amy's house for sandwhiches. It was great - it was literally "Like old times." I love these people; the Fullens, Conns and Burches are such great friends and so passionate about following the Father.

Rachel gave Forrest and Justin a ride back home around midnight and Jason and I came back at 2. Blogged, then jumped in the bed.

0 comments: