BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday Fyve

Five things that I find cool and/or interesting. Or terrifying.

1. Parallel Lines

The is a new movie that features five different short films from 5 different directors - all using the same dialogue. I've read any reviews yet, but the idea that five random and unique artistic visions can be drawn from a set dialogue sounds like a very cool experiment.

2. E.gg Timer
I found this site through a book entitled The Four Hour Work Week and I've been using it ever since. It's pretty easy to understand. You simply type in a time period and get to work. When your time's up, the site beeps at you. (A little loud, but I guess that's the point.) However, the coolest part is that you don't even have to access the site. On your first visit, they show you how to just input times via url. So it literally takes about 3 seconds to set up a timer for yourself. Not only does it keep me on schedule, it also motivates me. If I know I've only got ten minutes to finish that email or upload that chord chart, I much less likely to get distracted by other stuff.

3. High Five Etiquette

It's no secret - I love videos by Tripp & Tyler. So when they release a new one, I do everything I can to pass it on!


4. Cajon
I've been a fan of the cajon for some time and I've long wanted a "pickup" cajon like the one Justin Romack takes to gigs. But I decided to debut the cajon during our Good Friday service on April 2. Essentially, your percussionist sits on the box and plays various tones all over the instrument. The cajon for our service actually has a microphone inside that will allow us to plug the instrument into the sound system, which is very convenient! Hopefully, it will be here in time for our service at Bethel. (Thank you, Musician's Friend, for your skill at bait-and-switch with back-ordered instruments.)


5. Historical Tweets

Just found this and I am straight-up addicted. Great writing here. Be careful though, you may end up wasting too much time on this site.
historicaltweets

2 comments:

Liz said...

I love the dontbethatguy videos, too. Have you seen the one about things you can't do if you're not a dog? LOL!

Liz said...

PS And the one about things you can't do if you're not in the pool, too!