BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 05, 2009

Christmas Is For Conversation...

We're doing this Redeeming the Season thing with the kids this year for Christmas. It's going great so far. We're trying two things..first off is the "Prophecy Box" which is pretty great. I think the kids like it because there's typically something delicious inside, but I've been more encouraged by it more than I imagined.

The other aspect is Christmas Conversations. Long-time friends of mine know that I love random conversation starters, so I tend to think this little pack of questions is the coolest thing I've ever seen. A few of the questions have spurred some interesting discussion around our dinner table, so I thought it might be fun to pass them on and see what you think:

  1. What do you look forward to each year at Christmas time?

  2. Who are you looking forward to seeing this Christmas?

  3. What's the best present you ever gave?

  4. What's your favorite taste at Christmas?

  5. One Christmas that was particularly spiritually significant in your life?
Take a minute or two and comment!

1 comments:

Liz said...

Been thinking about this today, so here goes:

I look forward to a million things at Christmastime. And almost every one of those million things revolves around the traditions we've created with our kids. I love creating new memories & traditions with them every year!

I'm not looking forward to seeing any one person in particular, but just the general all-around excitement & comfort of being with friends and family.

I can't remember 1 particular gift that I gave that stands out.

fav taste: All the holiday snacks-- Puppy Chow, Rainbow Bark, sandwiches made from leftover turkey, Jesus's birthday cake on Christmas morning, there are many things!

Probably the most spiritually significant year was 2006. We had custody of our niece & nephew that year and it had been a very hard year emotionally. Seeing 2 kids who had not lived in a Christian home "get it" as we had a birthday party for Jesus BEFORE attacking the gifts was pretty awesome.