BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

CHICAGO LIST

I'm headed to Chicago next week for the Gospel Coalition Conference w/ the pastoral staff at Bethel. I'm looking forward to it. (Although, after looking at the speakers and sessions, I'm pretty sure I'm going to come home feeling like an ignorant wretch.)

I've never been to Chicago and I've been thinking a lot about what I would like my "Chicago Experience" to be. Here is my list.

  1. Meet Oprah. (Obviously)
  2. Have the famed "Chicago Bulls" music play when I step off the airplane.
  3. Get in a fight on the set of Jerry Springer
  4. Re-enact any scene from the opening of "Perfect Strangers." (Although the closing shot in front of Wrigley is first choice, I'll take any of them.)
  5. If I can't do the "Perfect Strangers" thing, I'll settle for a visit to the home of Carl Winslow.
  6. Pay off a politician.
  7. Get a "Chi-Town" tattoo.




Don't even act like you didn't LOVE this show.
And that song is fantastic.

5 comments:

Johnny! said...

I've only been once but fell in love with the city. It's the cleanest American city I've ever seen. I'm going back next month for some big to-do with the Smiths and I can't wait.

Take a couple hours to walk around Michigan Ave. The Apple Store there is amazing.

Johnny! said...

...and have some deep dish pizza!

Brian Boatman said...

Hearing the Perfect Strangers theme song made me SO happy....I did the "Mepos Dance of Joy"

Caroline said...

I will pay you money to post a video of you and ross acting out any of the scenes...Especially if one of you were in the Tuxedo shorts!!!! have fun...

Leslie said...

What about "Ride the L to perform surgery at County General with George Clooney"? Don't take Ross with you for that one...needles, you know.