BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 20, 2009


Today, me and the crew (otherwise known as the TWB) will head to First Baptist Church, Lake Jackson to lead worship for their Disciple Now weekend.

Posted an update over on Facebook and had planned to put it here, too, but who likes media saturation, right?

I feel pretty confident we'll be able to do some sort of streaming broadcast Friday and Saturday night. (You never know, though...just ask @justinromack.) If not, we'll still try to shoot some video and post it when we can grab some internet.

Playing events like this is a blast - I love multiple day gigs. Playing a one night thing is always so hard...hard to connect with the crowd...lots of pressure to be super awesome very quickly in a short amount of time. Those events have their place, they're just really hard to do.

Events like this DNOW are great because not only do I get three full sets to lead the students, I also get to hang out with the guys for three days. This weekend's lineup looks to be pretty interesting. Here's who I'm taking.
  • Justin Romack. While it's true that Forrest Layton is the senior member of TWB, Romack is an undoubtable second. (However, if you're judging frequency of gigs, Romack has a serious leg up on Forrest. Just saying.) I don't need to spend much time on Romack. He's awesome. He's an amazing musician, but also one of the most humble amazing musicians I've ever met.

  • Adam Fischer. I get excited everytime I can bring Adam in for a gig. Yeah, Adam's gonna' learn his stuff, but you can guarantee that at numerous points during the week something unplanned and stunning will coming from his amp. I won't even try to make a comparison here, but let's say it like this - think of a really creative electric guitar player.
    Yeah. Adam's JUST like that guy.

  • Philip Melton. I've done a couple of things with Philip, but this will be my first road gig with him. Philip plays guitar, bass, piano and drums. He sings. He writes songs. His hair is the color of a lovely golden sunset. Should be fun having him with us.

  • Austin Hodges. I've never played with Austin. But here's what I know. He plays guitar great. And he's got big muscles. So, when we show up, people will think he's my bodyguard at first. I'm also terrified that I've screwed up and somehow combined his name with someone else and I'll keep referring to him with the wrong name. Which would be awkward.
That's the crew. Wish I could be more eloquent, but I'm busy packing up, trying to use Handbrake to rip some live U2 stuff down to mp3 for the drive down and kissing my family goodbye.

Stay tuned the blog for either broadcasting or a recap video.

Or both.

Who knows?

Todd Blog is party, kids.

2 comments:

Artie said...

No doubt, Jason is an awesome drummer and super guy..but don't forget Larry!!

gregg said...

Seeing that picture of FBC Lake Jackson is like a blast from the past. I spent my teen years in the youth group at that church.