BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 06, 2008

An Admission...

A couple of admissions...

1. I like award shows.
2. I grew up on Contemporary Christian Music.


Now, you can say what you want contemporary Christian music or the music industry in general as it relates to faith....but when I was 13-years old, I wanted to be a CCM star.

And while I will NOT admit exactly how long I nursed ambitions to be at the top of the CHR charts, I will admit that I loved...






Yes, I loved the Dove Awards.

While other kids were listening to secular radio and watching MTV while their parents were out of the house, I was waiting on the Dove Awards.

And I thought it was over...I thought I was done. I thought I was better.

Then, two days ago, a new channel pops up on our TV, thanks to the fine folks at DISHnetwork: THE GOSPEL MUSIC CHANNEL.

And guess what they're showing live on April 23rd?

I can't promise I'll be okay...I can't promise that I won't spend two hours glued to the TV on that night...and I can't promise that I won't rush out and buy the trendiest clothes I can find and start choreographing my stage show...

Pray for me, saints.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

They are broadcasting it live? I'm surprised. Last year it was so long! They kept stopping to re-film stuff over and over and over. I guess they are trying to bump up their game.

oldfart said...

Hey I have dishnetwork as well. What is the channel number of the Gospel Music Channel?

Romack said...

My favorite tag was the tag, todd was a christian music nerd. Can I come over and lay on your couch and watch it with you? I won't be doing much then...

rk said...

The sheer amount of jokes, insults, and general cynicism running thru my brain right now makes it impossible for me to even speak. Head... about to... explode...