BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 21, 2008

A Letter to J.J. Abrams

Dear Mr. Abrams,

My name is Todd Wright and I am from Lufkin, Texas. A few years ago, I fell in love with your show, "Lost." Personally, I think the show tanked a bit toward the end of the 2nd season and I haven't kept up with it much other than my wife talking about it all the time. (But I am actually looking forward to next week's new season premiere!)

However, you have won me again. Cloverfield is some of the most visceral, graphically challenging filmmaking I've seen in a long time. Its images did not just pass in front of me - they have burned themselves into my brain.

I found your movie wonderful and horrible all at the same time. It's funny and tragic and dark and scary and a movie that will not long be forgotten.

And so...I am yours again, Mr. Abrams. I am sorry I left you and I will never again doubt your genius.

Respectfully Yours,
Todd Wright

5 comments:

jj abrams said...

Mr. Wright,

I am (obviously) responding to your blog against the wishes of my attorneys. I am well aware (per your many phone calls, emails, text messages, instant messages, bricks through my window, newspaper clippings, and photographs of my private life sent via UPS) that you admire my work. Still, I must once again implore (and I do this with the force of the law on my side) that you cease and desist from contacting the abrams family and also from showing up on production sets in a reduced state of clothing loudly proclaiming your, "love of all things abram!).

Frankly, it is too much, Mr. Wright. You have succeeded in scaring my family. It is just weird... please stop.

BTW... I heard you had a cd coming out. Could I, uh... get a signed copy? XOXOXOXO

jj

Todd Wright said...

It appears that one of my friends is quite the comedian...

Now, who could it be?

blake stewart said...

I wish J.J. Abrams would leave a comment on my blog.

Todd Wright you are too cool...

blake stewart said...

Ha. They didn't block their IP so now I know that it is a employee of Lifepoint Church.

I vote Jason...

Johnny! said...

Life. What's the point?