BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 02, 2007

A lot of you know that I've spent the last few months making my way through Lee Strobel's The Case for Christ. About 6 months ago, Krist mentioned that she wanted us to read through something together that might encourage us as we talk to our kids about faith and Jesus and the church - all the things that are so important to our lives.

It started with Kristen. One night, she was talking about how she wanted to always be sure that we would be able to tell our kids WHY we believe in Jesus. She wasn't doubting our belief or anything, but she told me that she wanted our kids to know that their parents hadn't just invested their "faith" in Christ, but their minds, as well.

We started talking about the WHY - do I believe these things because my parents did? Do I believe in Jesus because I just want to? Do I know, for sure, that historical evidence supports the story of Jesus, His death and resurrection?

I remembered the book (I actually had it in my office at church!) so we went and got it.

I have to tell you that this book has meant so much to us over the past few months. Kristen read through it really fast, while I've taken my time with it. (Totally opposite for us, by the way; I'm usually the one done with a book in a day. 'Course, I can't remember anything about it after I'm done...)

The articles, interviews and hard questions in this book have indeed strengthened my faith and I'm so thankful to God for what He's done through Lee Strobel. Because of the enormous impact this book's had on me, I've decided to lead a small group through the book. There really isn't a "curriculum" for the book, but each chapter has some pretty cool discussion questions which naturally lead to some pretty big issues being bandied about.

Right now, I'm formulating how the classes will work, how we'll get the word out to the church and how the heck I'm gonna' lead this thing!

I strongly encourage everybody to read this book...I believe that it will encourage you and fill your mind with clarity and focus!

0 comments: