BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 02, 2007

A Tribute (On A Blog?)

I'll be singing this weekend at Justin and Angela's wedding. I couldn't be more excited for these two folks and I can't wait to see what God has in store for them.

I have two very distinct memories of these two kids and I thought I'd share them as a way of honoring and commemorating the amazing experience of seeing them commit their lives to the Father and each other.

My first real memory is of Justin boldly and pathetically talking at length about Angela. He liked her; he thought he loved her. And she...didn't. More than drums or music or even Christianity, I remember Justin believing that Angela was supposed to be his (long before anybody else did.) Little did I know that I would eventually discover that to be Justin's true gift - hope. He's a guy who believes in something, even when everybody around him tells him it can't be done. He believed that he was meant to be Angela's best friend, and now, he is.

My first real memory of Angela is watching her perform sign language to Lincoln Brewster's version of Shout to the Lord at a youth camp almost five years ago. I remember being transfixed by Angela's ministry. And it was - an absolute offering of worship that caused me to stop thinking about myself and recognize the Father for all His beauty and creativity.

I've got lots of other memories of these two people - some of them make me laugh and some make me somber as I realize what good friends and God-followers they are. But for me, I'll always see these two people as the perfect combination of gifts that this world needs: Hope and Worship.

I am grateful to call Justin and Angela my friends, but more grateful that I had the opportunity to watch God take two people from completely different worlds and make something beautiful and sacred out of their life together.

1 comments:

Robert Conn said...

amen