BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

CAMP - DAY 3...The Hands of Babes

The true wisdom of children was brought home as I led them today. I'm leading worship for the 6th and 7th graders. To be honest, they are a young sixth and seventh grade, but I'm having fun and learning a lot - here's how:

If I sing a song that says "I lift my hands," they lift their hands. If a song says "shout" or "dance," they do it.

What if adults thought like this? But we don't, do we? We sit at our chair/pew/etc. and think,
"Oh, those people singing aren't really talking about dancing. They're being figurative. So I don't have to do this. I just have to acknowledge that God set me free."

But how free are you (am I) if we can't clap, sing or shout? Freedom's got to be something right? Freedom is just an idea is it? It's not figurative. It's real. You know, I love to watch Jonah dance. It's fantastic - it brings a smile to my face that I can't seem to turn off. So if I, an imperfect father, grow giddy at the sight of my son being his true authentic crazy self, how much more so will my Father in heaven, being perfect, find pleasure in the complete and unabashed exhibition of my confidence in His favor?

There's one of two ways to fix this:
1. Writers need to stop writing songs that give these sort of directions. If people (in general) aren't going to respond, why talk about doing it?

or

2. We've gotta' start dancing.

Me and my gang are going with #2.

0 comments: